Romeo and Juliet. Orpheus and Eurydice. Almighty Voice and His Wife.
This powerful true story is shaken up and reimagined into an eloquent tale of tragic love and a fully theatrical exorcism of the hurts of history. A modern classic about the role of Indigenous people in Canada.
Approximate running time: 2 hours, including one 20-minute intermission.
Soulpepper is pleased to provide live Audio Description (AD) of the performance on November 3, 2:00pm. For more information on Audio Description at the theatre and how to participate, click here.
Please Note: This production includes the use of fog, gunshots, and features mature language and content.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION USING #spAlmightyVoice
Illustration: Dan Bejar
Watch & Listen
- JANI LAUZON, Director
- KEN MACKENZIE, Set Designer
- KINOO ARCENTALES, Costume Designer
- JENNIFER LENNON, Lighting Designer
- MARC MERILAINEN, Composer, Sound Designer & Arranger
- MIKE ROSS, Music Coach
- BRIAN SOLOMON, Choreographer
- CURTIS PEETEETUCE, Research Advisor
- KELLY MCEVENUE, Alexander Coach
- ROBERT HARDING, Stage Manager
- JESSICA CAMPBELL-MARACLE, Apprentice Stage Manager
- TYLER J. SLOANE, Community Outreach Consultant