Keep your enemies close, and your family closer. The Tudor throne is empty, and three would-be Queens contend for the crown. Sisters turn against each other in a deadly struggle that threatens to tear the country apart. With Hennig’s trademark style and wit, the story of ‘Bloody Mary’ becomes a thrilling contemporary exploration of women and power.
Approximate running time: 2 hours and 10 minutes, including one 20-minute intermission.
Note: This production contains mature themes and occasional strong language, strobe-like effects, and fog.
Originally Commissioned and Produced by the Stratford Festival
JOIN THE CONVERSATION USING #spMothersDaughter
Shannon Taylor. Season Art Direction by SOS. Photography by Danielle Matar
Watch & Listen
- ALAN DILWORTH, Director
- LORENZO SAVOINI, Set & Costume Designer
- KIMBERLY PURTELL, Lighting Designer
- LOGAN CRACKNELL, Assistant Lighting Designer
- DEBASHIS SINHA, Sound Designer
- DIANE PITBLADO, Dialect Coach
- JULIA LENARDON, Dialect Coach
- KELLY MCEVENUE, Alexander Coach
- KIM LOTT, Stage Manager
- KATHERINE ARCUS, Assistant Stage Manager
- ALISON PEDDIE, Replacement Stage Manager